Top Performers Honored at 2019 Marshall Hotels & Resorts Leadership Conference
Marshall Hotels & Resorts, a leading hotel management and services company that operates properties nationwide, today announced its top-performers from the 2019 Marshall Hotels & Resorts Leadership Conference held at the Holiday Inn Lancaster in Pa.
“One of the highlights of my position is commending our associates for all of the diligent work they accomplish throughout the year. As cliché as it sounds, we are nothing without our hardworking team,” said Mike Marshall, president and CEO, Marshall Hotels & Resorts. “Through their tireless efforts, Marshall has grown from 55 to 65 hotels since our last conference. The Marshall Hotels & Resorts Leadership Conference is the ideal arena for us collectively to take a moment and pat one another on the back, and to credit our top performing individuals and hotels.”
The event’s two most prestigious awards, the Charles L. Marshall Property Excellence Award and the Charles L. Marshall Excellence Award, are named after the company’s founder. The property excellence award winner is based on a combination of consistent leadership in market penetration, low employee turnover and year-over-year growth in both revenue and profits. The excellence award embodies the spirit of the company’s originator by consistently growing the GOP line and remaining within budgeted parameters no matter how difficult the situation presents itself.
The complete list of winners includes:
- THE CHARLES L. MARSHALL PROPERTY EXCELLENCE AWARD 2018: The George Washington Hotel, A Wyndham Grand,Winchester, Va.
- THE CHARLES L. MARSHALL EXCELLENCE AWARD 2018: Peter Donnelly
- 2018 Best GOP as a Percentage of Budgeted GOPFULL SERVICE: The George Washington Hotel, A Wyndham Grand, Winchester, Va.
- SELECT SERVICE: The Bernic Hotel New York City, N.Y.
- Best RevPAR Index for 2018FULL SERVICE: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton, N.Y.
- SELECT SERVICE: Hampton Inn & Suites South, Fredericksburg, Va.
- Accounting Excellence 2018FULL SERVICE: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton, N.Y.
- SELECT SERVICE: Appomattox Inn & Suites, Appomattox, Va.
- Sales Team of the Year 2018: Grand Hotel & Spa, Ocean City, Md.
- People-Focused Leadership Excellence 2018: Jenifer Prokofiew, Hampton Inn, Salisbury, Md.
- Performance Excellence 2018: George Metz
- DOS of the Year 2018FULL SERVICE: Patty Weist, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton, N.Y.
- SELECT SERVICE: Bonnie Goodman, The Bernic Hotel New York City, N.Y.
- GM Rookie of the Year: Andres Orozco, The Bernic Hotel New York City, N.Y.
- GM Regional MVPsChristine Sigler, Hampton Inn & Suites/Wyndham Garden Inn Marietta Atlanta North, Ga.
- Steve Mitchell, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Youngstown Downtown, Ohio
- Chris Porrazzo, Staybridge Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge 422, Royersford, Pa.
- Dennis Marcinik, The Virginian Hotel Lynchburg, Curio Collection by Hilton, Va.
About Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc
Salisbury, Md.-based Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc. has special expertise operating three- and four-star branded hotels and resorts, averaging 100 to 500 rooms, in urban and central business districts, as well as suburban/drive-to and resort locations. In addition, the company has a proven track record managing independent resort and unique urban properties. Marshall Hotels & Resorts has managed a wide array of leading hotel brands, including those under the Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt, Carlson, Choice, Best Western and Wyndham flags. Additional information may be found at the company’s Web site: www.marshallhotels.com