Princess Cruises Continues Activation of MedallionClass Holidays on Six More Ships in 2020
Princess Cruises announced today the expansion of its MedallionClass Holidays to six additional ships in 2020 – commencing with Ruby Princess (Jan. 27), Grand Princess (March 29), Enchanted Princess (June 15), Emerald Princess (Aug. 16), Coral Princess (Oct. 16), and Island Princess (Dec. 20) – bringing the enhanced and personalised cruise holiday experience to Australia, New Zealand and a World Cruise for the first time.
Ruby Princess will be the first homeported ship in Australia to offer the MedallionClass experience sailing on a number of itineraries to New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. “We can’t wait to introduce a holiday set to revolutionise the travel experience direct from our door step,” said Princess Cruises Senior Vice President Asia Pacific, Stuart Allison. “Australian guests eager to experience MedallionClass before it reaches Australia can book fly-cruise itineraries to Alaska, the Baltic and the Caribbean on ten other ships in the Princess fleet,” added Mr Allison.
MedallionClass Holidays are currently available on Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess and Royal Princess, with Crown Princess starting July 24 and Sky Princess beginning October 12, 2019 when the newest ship in the Princess fleet departs the shipyard as the first to be built from the ground up with the Ocean Guest Experience Platform. By the end of 2020, guests sailing in the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Mexico, California Coast and on the World Cruise will have the elevated guest experience powered by the OceanMedallion.
“Our guests who have experienced MedallionClass on Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess and Royal Princess have enthusiastically embraced the OceanMedallion. We are thrilled with the response and are working to extend Princess MedallionClass to more guests around the world,” added Princess Cruises President, Jan Swartz. “Princess Cruises is passionately committed to giving all our guests the opportunity for a more personalised and simplified vacation experience,” added Ms Swartz.
The award-winning OceanMedallion is a complimentary wearable device that elevates the guest experience by enhancing guest-crew interactions, eliminating friction points and enabling interactive entertainment to deliver a high level of service and personalised attention on a large scale.
Princess MedallionClass Holidays are generating high guest satisfaction scores, thanks to a portfolio of experiences specifically designed to save precious time and enhance their cruise holiday, including:
- Expedited Arrival – From curbside to poolside in a breeze: Guests who arrive at the terminal with travel documents (i.e. passports) uploaded to their profile enjoy a streamlined and expedited check-in process that gets their holiday started even sooner. Personalisation starts pre-cruise as guests become OceanReady before arriving at the port.
- On-Demand Services – Food, beverage, retail order and hospitality services delivered to your location: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to order drinks, food and retail items like sunscreen with OceanNow and have them delivered directly anywhere on board, including to their stateroom.
- Family and Friends Locator – Finding travel companions and directional ship information: Accessible on portals throughout the ships and via guests’ smart devices, OceanCompass leverages the OceanMedallion to easily locate and chat with friends and family on board, as well as enables point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
Other innovative features of the Princess MedallionClass experience include:
- Keyless stateroom entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated as the door automatically unlocks. Personalised greetings, including loyalty level recognition and celebrations, welcome the guest on their door portal.
- Interactive voyage timeline: Available now on ship portals, JourneyView is an interactive timeline that lets guests scroll through all of the events available on board during their voyage.
- Wager-based gaming: On smart devices via Ocean Casin and on select portals, guests can wager real money on games including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- Interactive game play: On portals located shipwide and using smart devices with PlayOcean, guests can enjoy a new level of fun with interactive games, a digital scavenger hunt, customisable avatars and more. PlayOcean also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen.
For more information or to book visit princess.com, call 13 24 88 or contact your local travel agent.