Poseidon Expeditions announces rates for 2020/21 Arctic and Antarctic Cruises
One hardy polar expedition ship, Sea Spirit, will carry visitors for the sixth consecutive year to both the Arctic and Antarctic in 2020 and 2021 under the auspices of Poseidon Expeditions, a specialist in active adventure cruises in the high latitudes.
The company has just released the cruise schedule and rates for all of Sea Spirit’s 2020 Arctic and for late 2020 and early 2021 Antarctic departures. Early booking discounts of 10 to 15 percent, depending on cabin categories selected aboard the 114-guest expedition ship, will be in effect for reservations made by July 31, 2019 on all departures.
Poseidon Expeditions Founder and President Nikolay Saveliev said, “We’re extremely pleased with the reception of the Sea Spirit since she entered service under the Poseidon banner in May 2015. In 2020, it will be our sixth year of operating this vessel, and her popularity has only increased during this time among our travel partners, agencies and passengers. She continues to serve a special position in the overall polar expedition ship marketplace.”
New destinations and additional departures of favorite journeys that were added to the 2019 and 2020 seasons will continue into 2020 and 2021. Rates quoted below are per person, double occupancy, and reflect early booking discounts. Even lower triple-share rates, for families or single travelers, are available on all departures.
– West Spitsbergen and the Polar Ice Edge – Five departures of Poseidon’s most popular Arctic cruise, ranging from 9-12 days and all roundtrip from Longyearbyen, Svalbard, are offered between May 31 and June 30, 2020.
– Arctic Odyssey: Spitsbergen, Greenland and Iceland – One of the company’s most in-demand voyages, a two-week cruise from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik, Iceland, takes place Aug.25-Sept.7, 2020.
– Franz Josef Land Archipelago – Poseidon’s signature program in the Russian High Arctic and the only cruise of its kind to operate roundtrip from Longyearbyen will include three 14-day departures, July 20, Aug.1 and Aug. 13, 2020.
– East Greenland: Arctic Sights and Northern Lights – The summer season concludes with two popular, aurora borealis-focused, 11-day journeys to East Greenland, roundtrip from Reykjavik, Iceland, departing Sept. 6 and 15, 2020.
And returning again in 2020 will be two single-departure itineraries that take advantage of Sea Spirit springtime repositioning from Antarctica to the northern climes. These are the May 8, 2020, British Isles: Legendary History and Wild Nature discovery cruise, 13 days from Plymouth, England, to Edinburgh, Scotland ; and the May 21, 2020, From the Highlands to the High Arctic: Crossing the Arctic Circle, Jan Mayen and Spitsbergen, a 12-day journey from Edinburgh to Longyearbyen.
– Six Antarctic Peninsula departures will be offered aboard Sea Spirit, either 11 or 12 days in length, all roundtrip from Ushuaia: Nov. 29, Dec. 8, Dec. 18 Holiday cruise, Dec. 27 New Year’s cruise, Feb. 7, Feb. 17.
– Four Antarctica, South Georgia and Falkland Islands/Malvinas cruises, ranging in length from 21 to 24 days, are offered: Oct. 19, Nov. 10, Jan. 6 and Feb. 27, with rates from $15,476. Embarkation and disembarkation ports vary from Montevideo or Ushuaia, depending on the voyage.
– The popular Antarctic Circle: Crossing 66º South Latitude cruise will again be offered Jan. 25, 2021, a 15-day journey, roundtrip from Ushuaia.
Sea Spirit guests enjoy the freshness of a recent $1 million refurbishment of all 55 guest suites (square footages up to 463) and public areas. There are two multi-purpose lounges for educational programming and entertainment, a restaurant that can accommodate all passengers in one seating, a well-stocked library, and ample outdoor deck space to enjoy the polar landscapes and wildlife. Activities directed by a team of experienced polar guides and educators include Zodiac excursions, hiking and optional kayaking and camping, along with informative presentations aboard.
For inquires and reservations in North America, or to request a catalog, agents can contact the company’s Providence, RI, sales and reservation office at SalesUSA@poseidonexpeditions.com or by telephone at 347-801-2610.
In Germany, Austria and Switzerland, contact Poseidon’s Hamburg office – Anfrage@poseidonexpeditions.com or telephone +49-40-7566-8555. In the UK and elsewhere on the globe, contact Sales@poseidonexpeditions.com or telephone +44-870-068-9142.
About Poseidon Expeditions
With offices in the US, UK, Cyprus, Germany, Russia and China, Poseidon Expeditions is a leading provider of polar expeditions in the cruise industry. The company is committed to safe and environmentally responsible polar travel. It is a member of the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO) and the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO).