Final chance to attend acclaimed Rolling Stones Exhibit in Australia
After delighting music, design, art and fashion fans since its doors opened in mid-November, Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones Exhibit, delivered by DHL, will leave Australian shores in less than four weeks with its exclusive Sydney run at International Convention Centre Darling Harbour to conclude on 3 February 2019.
Exhibitionism is the Rolling Stones first ever major exhibition and the largest touring experience of its kind to be staged. It’s the first time the Rolling Stones have unlocked their vast private archive, with more than 500 rare and unique items of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll band on display.
Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones exhibit features over 500 Stones’ items:
● Vintage guitar gallery, rare instruments and lyric books, backstage and touring paraphernalia, album art, photography, stage design and personal diaries and letters
● 50 years of Stones fashion spanning from the 1960’s to the present, with articles from designers including Alexander McQueen, Prada, Dior, Gucci, Hedi Slimane, Ossie Clark, L’Wren Scott, Mr Fish and many more with contributions from Anna Sui, John Varvatos and Tommy Hilfiger
● 190 original artworks including Andy Warhol, David Bailey, John Pasche, Walton Ford, Shepard Fairey, Michael Cooper, Christian Piper, Robert Frank and many more
● Interactive sound mixing decks and recording studio, a screening cinema narrated by Martin Scorsese and video experiences throughout, all culminating in an immersive backstage recreation leading to a 3D concert finale.
“Exhibitionism is a celebration and thematic exploration of the creative life of a band that has managed both to stay current and stay true to its artistic vision for more than half a century,” said curator Ileen Gallagher.
“This was such a unique opportunity to collaborate with the band and get their insights into the project,” continues Gallagher. “The quotes on the wall and all of the text in the exhibition is in the voice of the band or people who work very closely with them. You’re actually having the band tell you what happened at the time.”
Exhibitionism was secured exclusively for Sydney by the NSW Government via its tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW, in conjunction with global promoter TEG Live and Australian-based producer iEC Exhibitions!.
Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones Exhibit
Sunday – Wednesday, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday – Saturday, 10.00am – 8.00pm
Hall 7, Level 4 Exhibition Centre, International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour
Tickets start from:
· Adult $19.90
· Concession $19.90
· Children $9.90 (Children 12 and under are free)
Book online at Ticketek or purchase on the door.
Visit www.stonesexhibitionism.com for more information on Exhibitionism in Sydney.