Qantas crowns hotel hot spots for 2018
- Melbourne was the top selling domestic destination for hotel stays in 2018 according to research by Qantas Hotels, while Hawaii and Bali were the two international favourites.
- In 2018, Frequent Flyers collectively earned more than 920 million Qantas Points on Qantas Hotels bookings and redeemed 4.7 billion points across a range of its 200,000+hotels worldwide.
- The top ‘hotel booker’ earned more than 230,000 points this year and also redeemed the most number of points on hotel stays. The ‘points millionaire’ used 12.2 million points on eight hotel stays throughout the year, including 7.2 million at the Mykonos Blu Grecotel Exclusive Resort.
- The Crown Metropol Melbourne was the most popular hotel in Australia in 2018, according to booking data from Qantas Hotels.
- Crown Metropol Melbourne bookings alone saw Qantas Frequent Flyer members earn nearly 4.8 million points, while those who chose to make their holidays more affordable used more than 26 million points to book their stay there.
- The number one pick for an overseas stay was Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach
Resort, followed by:
- Bali Garden Beach Resort
- The ONE Legian
- Mercure Bali Legian
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- Courtyard By Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
- The Magani Hotel and Spa
- Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley was the top choice for booking a high end luxury stay in Australia.
- Swissotel, The Stamford, Singapore was the top selling International hotel for business
“Melbourne has long been a popular leisure destination thanks to its many attractions and sporting events, so it’s not surprising to see its hotels taking out the top spots for stays in 2018.
“Similarly, Bali and Hawaii are firmly on the favourites list for many Australians travelling overseas with their families.
“Hotel bookings often consume a significant chunk of the holiday budget so having the opportunity to earn points that can be used for the next trip or redeem points to make a holiday more affordable through Qantas Hotels is really appealing to Frequent Flyers.
“People love to use points to treat themselves and what better time to indulge in some luxury than when you’re on holiday?