Explore the frontier of the high Arctic region on new expedition
Early Bird Offer: Save $995 pp plus bonus free hotel accommodation & Low Single Supplement
Polar bears, giant icebergs, remote Inuit communities, the world’s fastest-moving glacier and a striking, tusked whale labelled the ‘unicorn of the sea’ are among the highlights of a new expedition cruise package released by Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller.
The High Arctic Explorer expedition takes guests to the best parts of Canada and Greenland’s Arctic wonderland. As part of a special early bird offer for the August 2019 voyage, Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller are offering an early-booking discount and a bonus one-night’s, pre-cruise accommodation in Ottawa if booked before August 15, 2018. Save from US$995 per person, twin share, plus bonus free hotel accommodation valued at US$120 per person.
Immerse yourself in one of the world’s last frontiers on a spectacular expedition voyage offered by eco-cruise company, Adventure Canada. The adventure includes zodiac shore visits and excursions at every opportunity to bring you up close to the wildlife and provide an immersive insight into the traditional Inuit culture.
Highlights of the 11-night expedition cruise from Resolute Bay in the Canadian Arctic to Greenland aboard the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour include:
* A visit to Beechey Island, where guests can see the graves of the men who lost their lives during Sir John Franklin’s ill-fated expedition to find the Northwest Passage in 1845.
* Seeking wildlife such as beluga and bowhead whales and also the narwhal—a whale whose swordlike, spiral tusk has earnt it the title of unicorn of the sea. Passengers can also scan the shores for muskoxen, caribou, and polar bear.
* Immersing yourself in the local Inuit culture with a cultural welcome at Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet).
* Exploring Greenland’s spectacular fjords which include the World Heritage-listed Ilulissat Glacier—the fastest moving glacier in the world with a pace of more than twenty metres a day!
Departing Ottawa on August 5, 2019, Adventure Canada’s 12-night ‘High Arctic Explorer’ package, including the early bird discount, is available from US$10,995 per person, twin-share, or from US$11,990 per person for solo travellers. The package also includes:
* One-night free hotel accommodation in Ottawa, pre-cruise
* Charter flights from Ottawa to Resolute Bay in Arctic Canada; and from Greenland back to Toronto
* All meals during the cruise
* Zodiac shore excursions and access to pristine wilderness areas
* The expertise of Adventure Canada expedition staff
Flights from Australia are extra.
Since its birth as a family-owned expedition cruise line in 1987, Adventure Canada has operated cruises to the Canadian Arctic, Greenland, Labrador, and Newfoundland, with Iceland, Scotland, the Faroe Islands and the remote corners of Ireland added for 2018–19.