Hotelbeds empowers customers at MarketHub Americas 2017
Hotelbeds, a leading bedbank worldwide and business-to-business provider of services to the travel industry, has addressed at its annual MarketHub Americas event in Mexico the challenges faced by the travel industry in the area of data and analytics – the process of examining large data sets, often called ´Big Data´, by using powerful software and technology to produce commercially valuable insights.
This year´s event is themed ´Powered by data, driven by people´ and features a series of presentations from leading industry experts on the topic of data and analytics, and in particular how to leverage Big Data in order to increase sales and profits.
As part of the program, Hotelbeds has produced a list of the top five questions travel companies should be asking their technology providers about data analytics:
- What are the main areas where you think Big Data could generate value for my company?
- What is your information strategy? How can you help me get the most out of the data that my clients, employees and suppliers generate?
- What data does your technology generate that can help my company become more efficient – and will you share it with me?
- How will your technology handle information scalability in the future?
- What level of security do you offer for the information that your technology generates? How do you ensure that level of security?
During the event an audience poll on the topic of data analytics was conducted amongst over 500 top industry delegates attending the event. Results showed that:
- 64% of the participants are working in companies that will ´significantly increase´ the budget designated to data and analytics over the next year.
- One of the biggest data analytics challenges faced is their ´disorganized data infrastructure´.
- All participants in the survey expect that data analytics will help them increase their annual revenues over the next five years, with 33% thinking it will increase annual revenues by 30-50% – and 17% thinking it will increase annual revenues by more than 50%.
Álvaro de Nicolas, Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Hotelbeds Group, commented from the event: “Every year, I look forward to coming to our MarketHub events as this is a great opportunity to hear first-hand from our clients what are the biggest technology challenges they are facing and how we can help them.
“Feedback from our clients has consistently shown that data analytics – in particular how to leverage it to produce growth in revenues – is one of their topmost concerns and that´s why this year we decided upon the ´Powered by data. Driven by people´ theme.
The MarketHub Americas event this year took place from Monday, April 24th to Wednesday 26th at the 5*Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, in Mexico. The annual event brings together hundreds of the top industry decision makers from across the Americas, both North, Central and Latin America.