Airline Country Manager North America – Los Angeles
About the Company
APG has 96 offices in 151 countries servicing 247 airlines around the world. The APG Global Association sell and service the “World Program” that includes the ARC ASP coordination program, the IATA ABCS settlement solution, APG IET, APG GSSA, APG Air Connect, ATPCO fare filing services and APG call Centre solutions.
APG USA works with airlines around the world to mine the potential traffic/revenue from the $15 trillion dollar US economy. 32% of the worlds Revenue Passenger Kilometers are generated from the US market.
About the Role
Manage and direct the day to day Sales and Marketing operation of APG – North America to achieve PBT results.
The role will provide overall leadership and direction to all, Sales/Marketing Managers, BDM/ Marketing & Pricing / BSP / Accounts.
This role will develop and implement business strategies with the APG Management and Sales team to grow revenue & achieve and/or exceed forecast targets whilst maintaining cost control within set budget guidelines.
This role will report to the President and will be instrumental in the development and implementation of the business strategy for APG (North America) to be the pre-eminent GSA choice for airline partners in the assigned region.
- Achieve EBITDA budget and profit forecast. * Monitoring Performances of all supplier contracts.
- Meet & Exceed revenue targets.
- Review Sales activities call patterns against relevant analytics and key performer reports
- Maximise opportunities to meet & exceed Sales targets
- Monitor monthly review of contracts Vs Targets
- Focus on core supplier call pattern principles
- Explore new revenue channel opportunities with innovative and emerging (disrupter) partners
- Align sales focus to APG market strategy
- Oversee market reviews, & SWOT of all products
- Control costs across all Sales and Marketing budgets i.e. Travel and Entertainment
- Motivate staff to drive change within the business
- Develop and manage an effective sales call plan aligned with distribution and marketing strategy.
- Communicate Business goals with clear direction
- Ensure all staff have JD’s & KPI on file
- All performance reviews in line with corporate schedule
- Maintain open communication with all staff
- On-going training for all staff identifying needs
- Ensure that all activities undertaken fall within organisational policies and procedures and comply with all published corporate standards.
- Work in accordance with APG Company Service Standards, and lead by example in adhering to business unit policies and procedures at all times.
- Comply with safety and environment in the workplace
- Previous roles across senior positions in Airline and Travel Industry
- Management experience of 10 or more employees
- A great presenter, communicator and motivator
- Solid understanding of Distribution (GDS)–Commercial/Travel Industry –all segments
- Strong traditional and digital marketing experience (SEO, SEM, CRO)
- Understanding of P&L, analytical expertise
- Ability to forge strong personal relationships with all senior airline/industry principals
- Leading and managing successful GSA operation
- Proven track record in delivering results
- Microsoft Office
- Leadership and Management track record and a thought leader
- Analytical “hands on “and results focused
- Customer Market focus
- Driven and Self motivated
- Business Acumen
- Flexible and can adapt to change management
- Be degree educated in relevant Marketing or Business discipline
- An Asian language advantageous