Business Development Manager – Los Angeles
APG has 96 offices in 151 countries servicing 247 airlines around the world. The APG Global Association sell and service the “World Program” that includes the ARC ASP coordination program, the IATA ABCS settlement solution, APG IET, APG GSSA, APG Air Connect, ATPCO fare filing services and APG call centre solutions.
APG USA works with airlines around the world to mine the potential traffic/revenue from the $15 trillion dollar US economy. 32% of the worlds revenue passenger kilometres are generated from the US market.
About the role
Develop and manage the sales representation plan of APG USA to achieve PBT results for assigned Airline/s.
This role will develop and implement sales strategies with the APG Sales team and Airline Management to grow revenue & achieve and/ or exceed forecast targets whilst maintaining cost control within set budget guidelines.
This role will report to the Sales Director (NYC) and will be instrumental in the development and implementation of the sales strategy to be the pre-eminent GSA choice for airline partners in the assigned region.
Deliverables and Responsibilities
Meet and exceed budget Airline revenue targets
- Develop and implement a sales call plan in collaboration with Airline patterns/s utilising relevant analytics and key performer reports
- Identify new revenue opportunities leveraging the APG network USP’s and global reach
- Focus on core supplier call pattern principles
- Explore and recommend new revenue channel opportunities with innovative disrupter partners
- Provide inputs for relevant market reviews and SWOT of Airline products
Build Brand presence for Airline partners
- Maximise Airline representation presence across Trade and Consumer channels by leveraging all APG and Trade/Commercial partner assets
- Manage and build relationships across all core Trade and Consumer channels
- Develop/recommend in alignment with the Airline partner promotional co-op opportunities, product and promotional collateral
- Identify and participate in Training seminars, Expos and Trade/Consumer events
Maintain cost control aligned with T&E business plan and budget for APG and including assigned Airline budgets
- Develop/implement a sales call plan within the Airline and APG’s budget leveraging co-op partner budgets to maximise brand reach and penetration
- Maximise sale call plan efficiencies by identifying and utilising Agency network intranet, webinar and property training tools and assets
Comply with APG Corporate Service Standards
- Ensure that all activities undertaken fall within organisational policies and procedures and comply with all published corporate standards.
- Work in accordance with APG Company Service Standards, and lead by example in adhering to business unit policies and procedures at all times.
- Comply with safety and environment in the workplace
- Previous sales roles Airline and/or Travel Industry
- A great presenter, communicator and motivator
- Solid understanding of Distribution (GDS)–Commercial/Travel Industry –all segments
- Understanding of basic P&L, analytical expertise
- Ability to forge strong personal relationships with airline/industry supplier and principals
- Proven track record in delivering results
- Microsoft Office
- Proactive and result orientation
- A thought leader and interpersonal savvy
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical “hands on “and results focused
- Customer Market focus
- Driven and Self motivated
- Business Acumen
- Flexible and can adapt to change management