HotelTonight launches Tonight plus 1
HotelTonight, the leader in last-minute hotel bookings, today introduces Tonight +1, a new feature that allows people to easily, spontaneously add a second night for up to an additional 30-percent off HotelTonight’s already-discounted rates. Tonight +1 joins other popular HotelTonight features like Escape and GeoRates, giving travellers even more flexibility and unprecedented value at some of the best hotel locations around the world. For hotels, Tonight +1 provides a simple way to fill unused rooms with high-value, incremental guests.
“Our mission is to encourage spontaneity, and Tonight +1 helps us deliver on this in a new way by giving people the opportunity to extend their experiences while getting really great deals,” said Sam Shank, co-founder and CEO, HotelTonight. “It’s important that we continue to find unique ways to keep our customer experience fresh and to help our hotel partners preserve brand loyalty. With Tonight +1 we’ve done both, helping turn one-night guests into two-night guests and filling rooms while doubling down on spontaneity.”
Tonight +1 automatically activates at check-out for same-day, one-night bookings, by displaying the second night’s discounted rate and allowing a booker to opt to add the second night deal with a single tap. The offer will only be displayed when the second night’s rate is comparable or less-expensive than the first night, and in some cases includes an additional, exclusive Tonight +1 discount off HotelTonight’s already-discounted rates. HotelTonight bookers will find particularly significant discounts on second-nights around the holidays. A few perfect reasons to “Tonight +1” include:
- Add an extra night when you know you’ll need a REALLY late check-out before hopping on the next day’s late-night flight (enjoy the room all day without having to rush out!)
- Plan ahead for your holiday hangover by taking advantage of Tonight +1 and adding a second night to a New Year’s Eve booking to sleep away the next day
- Be a model road warrior and maximize mid-week work travel savings, and proactively Tonight +1 a personal day on the back end of the trip when you book
- Tack on Sunday Funday to your weekend getaway, and wait out traffic at the hotel pool (or with breakfast in bed) before returning to real life on Monday
- Take a personal day to Tonight +1 and score yourself extra-late check-out so you can keep binge-watching your favorite shows (just one more episode… ok one more…!)
How HotelTonight Works
- Book rooms on HotelTonight for tonight or up to a week out, at over 15,000 hotels in thousands of destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds – just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are screened by the HotelTonight team, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and showcased by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- As the check-in date approaches and rooms remain unsold, hotels often drop their rates. HotelTonight plays matchmaker between these hotels and guests who are looking for a great deal at a great hotel.
- HotelTonight also offers GeoRates: exclusive, location-specific discounts, with additional savings of up to 40 percent off HotelTonight’s already-discounted rates. Find them in the app marked with a green GeoRate logo.
By building strong relationships with hotel partners and guiding them to offer exclusive, unprecedented discounts to travellers, HotelTonight is continuing on its never-ending quest to make the travel and booking experience simple, fun and useful for all parties.