Palm Springs is no longer a sleepy summer community. The city continues to gain attention for a growing pool & music festival scene, trendy hotels, summer rates, and new “day club” at Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club, which debuted earlier this month for Splash House.
“The City of Palm Springs is experiencing a tremendous renaissance as an ultra-cool destination for people of all ages to come relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our year-round sunshine and easy lifestyle,” said Mayor Steve Pougnet. “When it comes to fun in the sun, Palm Springs truly is like no place else.”
“The pool is a symbol of social gatherings and the ultimate form of relaxation, especially in Palm Springs,” said Mary Jo Ginther, Director of Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism. “We are attracting sun seekers who want to have a memorable, affordable and sophisticated destination experience.”
The Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club is a new concept to Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley. The pool is open to the public with no swim club fee or additional admission charge to use the pool, except when ticketed events are taking place. Visitors and residents can join in daytime activities of lounging in the pool, listening to top entertainment acts programmed by Goldenvoice, or enjoying the restaurant’s regional Mexican cuisine menu and three bars.
After a successful event earlier this month, organizers have announced the 3rd Annual Splash House – slated for August 8-10, 2014. Splash House is a pool and music festival featuring three Palm Springs properties – The Saguaro, the new Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs and the new Hacienda Cantina & Beach Club. Together with Goldenvoice’s electronic division LED, the world’s top DJs are perfectly paired at the venues allowing over 3,000 attendees to access all venues via complimentary shuttle service.
All summer long, Palm Springs hotels and venues are hosting pool parties and live music including:
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club: Last Saturdays of the month: Stronghold Reggae at 12noon poolside performances. Open to hotel guests only. No day passes available.
- Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs: Hosts FUSION every Sunday from 11am to 4pm. $20 cover at door / open to hotel guests.
- Skylark Hotel: Hosts “The Dip” kicks off in July every Sunday afternoon. Cover charge at door / open to hotel guests.
- Riviera Palm Springs features three pools which host many of the area’s top entertainment and parties.
- Saguaro Palm Springs hosts poolside events and entertainment.
Less than two hours away from Los Angeles and San Diego, Palm Springs is a close and affordable destination for those seeking a close to home getaway.